Chapter 2 BNW notes

Ford is important to the the people because Ford is Christ to the society. Alpha children work hard and wear grey. Betas don't work as hard as the Alphas. Gammas are the "stupid" ones and wear green. Deltas wear khaki and Epsilons wear black and don't know how to read or write.

hypnopædia is to learn by hearing while sleeping or under hypnosis

The clones there are being hypnotized into only learning something specific and only saying one specific phrase. FOr example, in the book, a Beta is awakened to only repeat this phrase " Alpha children wear grey They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm really awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly colour. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
The kids are forced to repeat this up to 100 times a day and then will get taught something more advanced to say after they have mastered it

-What surprises me the most?
The part that shocked me the most so far is the cloning. Its so scary to think that clones will soon be made. Maybe they will be over to take over the world, we never know what can happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EVERY ONE IS , DIFFERENT

Young Goodman Brown

Brave New World Essay