This is the poem, "Richard Cory"

When I memorized the poem "Richard Cory" I started to think about it differently.  I thought about why he might have killed himself, and I thought about how the poem relates to my life today.  It seems like he was a happy wealthy man and many people wanted to be just like him. Though there were may things people didn't know about him personally, he had a background, just like everyone else. This is a message to those saying that money makes you happy. It's doesn't. This relates to today because there are more and more people out there committing suicide when we the people thought they were one of the most happiest people alive. We never know what someone may be thinking, so we should ask how they are doing when we get the chance to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EVERY ONE IS , DIFFERENT

Young Goodman Brown

Brave New World Essay